Thursday, July 31, 2008

Self Image - I am serious...

I do not know if I will ever get to the point where I will look back and say that I would not change my cancer diagnosis, however; I am seeing some positive light shining through the darkness. I have always been determined to see the good in this whole situation. One thing that has really changed is my self image. For starters, my boobs, which have always been the biggest, or smallest in my case; source of disdain for my body, are now the body parts that I treasure the most. I am really proud of them for putting up with all of this crap! I am also feeling good about myself and the rest of my body. I have held up well. I completed the triathlon and am still running and feel very strong. This is a good feeling. Women are so hard on themselves. It is so accepted to criticize ourselves and not except ourselves as we are. I am really trying to embrace my body for it’s true worth. I was created in God’s image, just the way He wanted me and that is really cool! We need to love and appreciate our bodies and take care of them.

No comments: