Sunday, July 6, 2008

May 12, 2008

Monday, May 12, 2008

Yesterday was the Y-ME breast cancer walk. Monique put a team together called “Kickin’ it for Kim”, and several of us ran together. The weather could not have been any worse. It was a torrential down pour with hail literally pelting at our heads. We did nothing but laugh and it could not have been more fun! We were soaking wet from head to toe. Kathy, Becky and I wore poncho’s from Walt Disney World. I could not have felt more loved. I choke up at the thought. For my friends and family to come out and run, despite the weather is an awesome, humbling experience. Each here for a variety of reasons, but running on MY team!!! Kristen and Leah who I adore. Vira and her husband. Donna and her sisters running for their youngest sister Joy. My rock of a husband, Tom – who does in fact ROCK!!! We headed to breakfast at Yolk where Sharon met up with us. What a great day and what a great experience. If it were any other run, we would have stayed in bed, but we were there for a reason and that reason was me and all the other women who are struggling with this disease. How lucky am I?

No comments: