Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008

I went and got a massage today. It was a spur of the moment thing, and it was heavenly. The massage therapist was a bit of a chatter box though. Since I had to list my lumpectomy and my Tamoxifen in my new client form, she was quick to ask me about my breast cancer situation. I briefly gave her the saga and at the end she responded with, "I bet you will be happy when 2008 is over." Is it crazy to say that it will be hard to let 2008 go? I am so happy that I have made it through this chapter in my life, but I don't look at it as something I am looking forward to let go of, or forget about. 2008 has been the most impactful year of my life. I have learned so much about me and about my husband and about my marriage. I have become a much stronger person, I have learned to love a lot of things about me that I never thought I could.

No comments: